Since Greg and I are both only children, I don't think either one of us knew what to expect when it came to the sibling relationship. I am incredibly fascinated with the way they act towards one another. It's pretty fun to watch. The short answer to the question above, is that they get a long great. But I will expand on the answer a little.Morgan really loves her sister. She has been known to tell me that Elizabeth is her best friend. Every morning I tend to wake Morgan up first and she immediately wants to wake up her sister. So we go in Elizabeth's room, and Morgan wakes her up with a quiet "Elizabeth....wake up Elizabeth."
Once they are both up, they tend to do their own thing, with Morgan eating her breakfast, and Elizabeth trying to get into everything. But Morgan is always keeping a close eye on her sister. How do I know this- well Morgan rats her sister out when she is doing things she shouldn't be doing. It's pretty common to hear "Mommy, Bizzy touch the DVD..." or "Mommy, Bizzy splash Belle's water...". I guess it's good that I have another set of eyes. I think one of their favorite things is taking their bath together. Morgan shares her toys (most of the time) with Elizabeth and they play and splash each other the entire time. Lately some jealousy has developed though. Recently Greg went through the toys in the living room and took some of the older toys downstairs, and brought up some of Morgan's old toys for Elizabeth. At first Morgan was excited by this and said she would share with Elizabeth. Well that idea was good in theory. The minute Elizabeth grabbed a toy to play with, Morgan would rip it away and say "MY TOY!" WE have had to explain to her that Elizabeth needs to play with it, and that she has other toys.
So far so good having sisters. It really is fun to watch them- especially Elizabeth. Elizabeth really watches Morgan to see what she is doing. I'm sure her little brain is trying to process the information and figure out to do what her sister is doing. Which I am sure will translate into more work for me!

0 comments:
Post a Comment