5:58 PM

I've got new skills....

Well I finally did it. I figured out how to sit up all by myself. And thank goodness- I was getting tired of laying on my back all the time. It all the sudden happened one day. Mommy tried to put me down for a nap and I was not pleased. So I started to cry, and after a few minutes Mommy came in to rescue me (like she always does) and she found me sitting up in the corner of my crib. Boy was she surprised! She immediately took me downstairs and put me on my back again. So I had to roll over and slowly push myself up----AGAIN! Then she called Daddy into the room and tried to get me to do it again but hey- I am no performer-- so I just laid there. But she was able to catch it on video for all to see.

As you can see from the video I'm incredibly flexible and that's really how I'm able to do it. By doing the splits I can also pivot myself around. I get around pretty good these days. I do an interesting rolling/ scooting/ pivot combo that really propels me across the floor. Mommy hasn't been able to catch that on video but it's pretty funny I guess.

One of my new favorite hobbies is to tear up magazines. Since I'm able to move myself around, I always seem to work my way over to the coffee table and I grab the nearest magazine and rip it up. Isn't that what you do with magazines?? I keep hearing this word "no" all the time. When I get near the magazines, when I try to touch the stereo or the cable box. Even when my sister tries to give me food. I don't really know what the "no" means but it can't be good. All the fun seems to stop when Mommy and Daddy say it.

I'm getting really big these days. I'm probably 20 pounds (we'll find out for sure next month) but Mommy and Daddy say I'm heavier because they complain when they carry around my car seat. And I have two teeth! Both are on the bottom and boy were they a pain to get in. Mommy thinks I'm working on another bottom tooth- but we'll see.

0 comments: