9:40 AM

What was I thinking!

Every now and then there are just certain moments where you wonder- what the heck was I thinking. Last week I had one of those moments.

On Monday I got a phone call from the pediatric dentist's office reminding me that I scheduled the girls for an appointment. Luckily they called because I had forgotten. Now when I made the appointment 6 months ago I figured Greg would be able to come with me to help because not only would Morgan be getting her teeth cleaned, but Elizabeth needed to enter the world of dental hygiene. But after I hung up the phone I remembered that Greg was busy with meetings at work and wouldn't be able to come with me.

Now looking back I should have called and rescheduled the appointment. But did I do that? NO! I thought to myself- this will be okay. Morgan did okay the last time and Elizabeth might cry a little but it will be okay.

So Tuesday morning I loaded them in the car and took off to the dentist. I waited to tell Morgan about the appointment until we were well on our way- and the minute the sentence "We are going to the dentist." came out of my mouth, she started crying. In between crying all she would say is "I don't want to go to the dentist!" And that's pretty much how it went until we got back to the exam area.

When the hygienist asked Morgan if she wanted to go first, Morgan quickly offered up her sister instead. So our appointment started with me holding Elizabeth down. I didn't bring my camera to the appointment but it looked something like this:


Then is was Morgan's turn. And it pretty much looked the same! It was a stressful time for everyone. But they have great teeth and now have new toothbrushes. And in an effort to get them to calm down: I treated them to Dunkin Donuts on the way to school.

0 comments: