9:23 AM

Pre-K...an update.


I thought it time to do a Junior Kindergarten update! Morgan has been hard at work since the end of August and each week she comes home learning more and more! It's been fun to watch. Plus a few weeks ago Greg and I had to go to our first parent teacher conference. The whole meeting took less then ten minutes, but it was really interesting to see what the teacher had to say. Earlier in the school year they did standard testing on the entire class to see how each child was learning, and where their strengths and weaknesses are. Now I'm not talking I-Step testing here, but it was a diverse enough test to see what they knew. The teacher went over the test and showed us Morgan's answers and she is testing right where she should be! They did the normal items: Colors, shapes, letters and numbers, and then the teacher had a list of questions that each child had to answer. Some of the more memorable ones for Morgan's test are below:

Test: "What growls?"
Morgan's answer: "Your stomach"

Test: "What explodes?"
Morgan's answer: "A baby"

Each week the class learns a new letter, and not only do they learn the letter, they learn how it sounds, how to write it and what things start with the letter. So far they are through "I, i". For every letter we get numerous coloring sheets. This one dealt with D. (Again the color comes out funny- apparently the blog and my work scanner do not cooperate well together.)
She is getting much better at her coloring! She uses all sorts of colors and likes to make things look like a rainbow.

Several weeks ago Morgan brought home the paper that said that her school would be taking class pictures. We were asked to write a check and essentially cross our fingers! I didn't hold out much hope, since sometimes getting Morgan to sit still for a picture is near impossible. But last week while I was home with the flu Greg brought home Morgan's pictures from school and it made my day! The pictures were great.

Both Greg and I look at the framed version we have at home and say "Man, she's old!" She looks so grown up. And special thanks to the photographer for doing a once over on her infamous hair. In addition to her own picture, Morgan got a picture of all the kids in her class. Looks like I better start a file, because she already has a class picture and she's only in Junior Kindergarten!

And the last exciting thing to share with everyone is that Morgan can officially write her own name. They've been working on it since the beginning of school and now every day her papers are signed with her own name.

She still has a little work to do to perfect it, but hey- she's only 4 and I think it's pretty awesome!

0 comments: