4:51 PM

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day has come and gone and I got to spend the weekend with the girls and got a lot of yard work done. For Mother's Day Morgan and Elizabeth (and Greg too) bought me some red geraniums for the planters out back, so of course we had to plant them. We also bought flowers for our pots on the front and back porch. I also put a lot of time into the back hill which will be discussed in greater detail in another post.

After planting and cleaning up I made the girls pose for a couple of pictures with me. As you can see Elizabeth was less then thrilled with the idea, and Morgan just wanted to squeeze my face.
Greg was nice enough to suggest that we go to one of our favorite restaurants the Broad Ripple Brew Pub for dinner that night- which was awesome because I didn't have to cook! So we packed up our stuff and headed to Broad Ripple. Apparently several other husbands had the same idea because the place was full of families. It was nice enough for us to sit outside on the porch. While we waited Greg and I enjoyed some wonderful brew and snapped some pictures of the girls.
Morgan is showing the camera something- but I'm not too sure what it is.
Mommy and Elizabeth, coloring on the kid's menu.


Morgan posing for the camera.

Out of no where Morgan wanted to "cheers" everyone. So we toasted each other...


Of course Elizabeth didn't want to be left out, so I had to toast her too.

When we got back home it was still super nice so we went back outside to finish planting and to play. Morgan brought the lawn mower up from the basement and both she and Elizabeth spent some time mowing the yard.


Another quick pose with Mom.

Miss Elizabeth taking a break from mowing the yard. And for those wondering, yes Elizabeth's hair has gotten much lighter. Her jet black locks from when she was born are long gone.

And finally, Morgan posing with her plant. She picked this pink geranium out at the nursery. She was very specific about what she wanted. "I want a pink flower Mommy." I kept showing her various shades of pink flowers, and none of the cut it until this one.

0 comments: