4:56 PM

The Doodlebug

For the past couple of weeks every day when Morgan comes home I look at her papers from school and almost always she has drawn this little guy on the back. When it started they were just faces- a circle for the face, a nose, two eyes and a mouth. In the past week or so they have developed into full fledged people. They have ears, arms, legs and hair! Sometimes they are all one color, but more often each body part has it's own individual color.
For awhile we thought maybe this was some imaginary friend of hers- but now she tells us that it is Mommy, Daddy, Miss Amber, Miss Julie or whoever else she might have used as inspiration.


Yesterday I was talking to Miss Julie her teacher and she said that Morgan was definitely a doodle bug. She loves to color- only not the page she is supposed to color. Which is probably why I find these little guys on the back of her school papers.


I think this guy is my new favorite. He must be hairy, because it appears he has hair all over his face! Miss Julie also said that it is really good that Morgan is drawing like this. She said for a lot of three year olds it's hard for them to get past the "face", meaning all they draw are the eyes, nose and mouth. Morgan is so advanced! (But didn't we already know that??)

0 comments: