The girls have been busy since Christmas- mainly they are busy getting big, so I thought I would give you updates on both along with new pictures illustrating what they have been up to. Elizabeth went for her 15 month well child check up today and she is doing great! She currently weighs in just under 24 pounds (60% percentile) and is 30" tall (50% percentile) Apparently she is taking after her sister in the height department. Although she comes by it honestly because I'm not very tall either. I was worried when we went in because at her one year check up the doctor told me that she should know several words by the 15 month check up. So I've been worrying that she was behind- but the doctor said that she communicated very well. Just not with words! Elizabeth has reached the point where she knows what she wants and will do whatever it takes to "tell" you what she wants. Today the doctor has a few tongue depressors to get Elizabeth's attention, and Lizzy wanted them. So she grunted and pointed and made it clear that she wanted those tongue depressors. And low and behold- she got them! After this little display she told me that Lizzy should only know about 3 words, which she does. So I can put aside my worrying for now. Below is a picture of Elizabeth when she doesn't get her point across. She gets incredibly frustrated and throws a full temper tantrum. Some times she ever throws herself on the floor!
Since it has been pretty cold up here (the lowest it got was -12 degrees!) we have been staying inside as much as possible. But when we do go out both girls have to get bundled up. Elizabeth even got a new jacket for Christmas (Thanks Aunt Laura) that she actually doesn't mind wearing. The hat on the other hand she could live without, but it is so cute! Whenever I put it on she yanks on the top and tries to pull it off. Thankfully the velcro under chin keeps it in place. 
Since we have been staying inside we have to find lots of things to do to keep ourselves busy. So lately Elizabeth has been playing with some new toys.
She also likes to scream, just to hear herself. And I think she likes to show you all those new teeth she's gotten in the last month.
She likes to play in the diaper basket. Sometimes she even plays with the powder which makes us really mad.
And lately one of her favorite things to carry around Mr. Potato Head. Although most of the time it's just the potato body because she can't find all the pieces.
Hopefully it will be warm soon because I think Elizabeth is running out of things to do inside!
0 comments:
Post a Comment