5:24 PM

Halloween 2009

Sorry it has taken so long to get the blog updated. But it has been a busy couple of months as you will soon be able to see! So I'll start back in October and get everyone updated on the happenings at the Clark House. On October 26 the wonderful Miss Elizabeth turned 2 and she was lucky enough to celebrate twice! The first time was on her actual birthday. I made cupcakes for her and we opened some presents. She is still young enough to not really understand that it is her birthday- but she sure did enjoy the cupcakes!

The second time she celebrated was on Halloween, because we decided to have our friends Kate and Seth over and we invited our new neighbors who also have two little kids. It was my excuse to celebrate Elizabeth's birthday again and Morgan and Elizabeth would have built in trick-o- treat buddies. Everyone came over and we had dinner and then we indulged on Elizabeth's second round of birthday cupcakes. I even decorated them according to the holiday.

Then it was time to get CANDY! I did my best to corral the kids so I could get some pictures, but while I was doing that there was lots of tripping, bumping into each other and candy stealing. Elizabeth even tripped over her costume a couple of times. But she did take a moment to pose for me so I could capture the moment.

This is Elizabeth and Noah who is dressed like a monkey.

Finally I got all the kids to sit still for a brief moment and I took the best picture I could.

Since Noah and Elizabeth were still pretty new to the trick-o-treating game they spent most of the time riding in the wagon. They did however climb out when we got to the house so they could get their candy.

Morgan was really excited about trick-o-treating, mainly because she understands that this event means a pretty much unlimited stash of candy for her. And I pretty much got this same face everyday after Halloween. It was followed by a "PUUUHHHHLEASE can I have more candy."

For the most part they all walked nicely from house to house.

They lasted about a block of non-stop houses in our neighborhood and then were pretty tired. It is hard work raking in the candy!

0 comments: