6:04 PM

Christmas 2009 Extravaganza Part Two!

I thought it would be better to break the Christmas post into two because there are so many good things to show! Yet again the girls got so many wonderful gifts. Santa must not have been looking when they threw that fit at the grocery store.

Morgan was able to open all her gifts- and believe me she wanted to open them all the minute she saw them. Elizabeth needed some help and spent most of Christmas morning sitting with me. After an hour she gave up and started playing with some of her new toys. It took her until 1pm to want to open anything else.

I thought I would share some of their favorite gifts via picture.

The girl's got matching footie pajamas from Great Grandma and Great Grandpa O. Sadly they weren't able to see them because Great Grandpa got the flu and weren't able to leave Buffalo!

Morgan got a Crayola Color Explosion thingy (now that's technical) that lets you draw scenes in 3-D! It took me forever to figure it out- But she loves it.

Elizabeth got a new Leap Frog Reader. You just put that white gadget on the books and it reads it for you. She especially liked the Curious George book. She even dances to the music it plays.

Morgan got a whole set of Polly Pockets and a carrier to put the dolls and their clothes in. She really liked them and before the holiday was over everyone played Polly Pockets at least once. Even Greg!

I'm sure he will just love that I shared this picture!

Elizabeth got a Sponge Bob Round Pants doll. I didn't even know there was a Sponge Bob Round pants, but not too long ago I actually saw the episode this doll is based on. Basically Sponge Bob shrank all his square pants and then had to buy round pants because that's all the store had. ( I know you were all wondering about that!)

Both girl's got a Barbie. The Barbies can pose now and it actually freaks me out a bit. They look to jointy, but the girl's loved them!

Elizabeth got her first baby doll. To date she has just been stealing her sister's but now she has her very own. And she takes very good care of it- she feeds her, changes her and puts her to bed. Thanks to Greg and my dad her baby now has a bed. They made Elizabeth a baby cradle for her dolls. I'll try to remember to post pictures.

The girls got a couple of different board games. Elizabeth is showing off er Connect 4 skills. They haven't quite gotten the idea down yet but they love to put all the chips in together. We also now have Hungry, Hungry Hippos and Trouble. But again I warn you- Morgan doesn't play fair, and neither does Elizabeth!

The girls also got sleeping bags which they love! They use them constantly when they are watching TV, and they have even started using them in the middle of the night. For awhile they were tucked away in our bedroom and in the middle of the night we would wake up to find Morgan or Elizabeth asleep on the floor in their sleeping bags. They know we don't let them in our bed in the middle of the night, so they take the next best thing- a sleeping bag right next to Mommy and Daddy!

The other truly great gift we got was a family membership to the Children's Museum. The girls love it and we have already been twice! Don't worry that is a whole post to itself! Thanks again to everyone that helped the girls (and us) have a wonderful Christmas.

0 comments: