4:02 PM

It's Potty Time!

Over the last couple of months Elizabeth has shown more and more interest in going potty! Which is great news. I decided not to push the issue and if she is into it then great- otherwise I will wait. Well she sees her big sister go potty and thinks it's a great idea.
Every night we have to read "A Potty For Me". I've read this book so many times that I can recite the thing by heart. For the first few weeks Elizabeth just seemed interested in sitting on the potty. She knew exactly what to do and would get the toilet paper when she was ready to be done and then we flushed the toilet and washed our hands. So one night when she said "I wanna potty." I figured we were just in for another trip of sitting on the potty but she surprised me! All the sudden I heard a tinkle and I looked at her and she must have realized how excited I was because she smiled so big!
It caused an immediate party of clapping, cheering and candy eating. Elizabeth was pretty proud of herself. Later that night she asked to go potty again and actually went! Since then we have been having sporadic success. Most of her issue now is timing. She will tell you she wants to go potty- which actually means she just went in her diaper.

For now we are going to keep working on it and I will need to stock up on M &M's which are her favorite reward!

0 comments: