
Two weeks ago I had to make a trip to Chicago for the ASLA (American Society of Landscape Architects) Annual Meeting. Since I am currently the Indiana Chapter President I had to be in Chicago on Wednesday night and stayed through Sunday morning so I could squeeze in all the classes I could. By chance- this was the same week that Greg had to be in the Chicago area for work. So I stayed with the girls Monday and Tuesday and my parents came up Tuesday night to watch them until Greg got back. Everyone made it out alive thankfully! I thought I would share some pics from my trip!
While most of my time was spent inside the Chicago Hilton- I made a point of getting out and walking the 6 blocks down to Millennium Park. It was the only thing I wanted to see while I was in Chicago- primarily because I am a landscape architect and the place is awesome! Lots of plazas, steps, walkways, art and plants. So I made my way down to the park, picked up some lunch along the way and had lunch in the park. While I was there I walked through the gardens. There was a woman there pruning the shrubs and someone started talking to her. She said that there was a huge push to get the plants looking nice because of the landscape architects in town. Well thanks Chicago for making it look extra pretty!
More of the boardwalk and small water canal.
The Gehry amphitheater. So incredibly cool! 
Another cool picturs of the amphitheater. There was a small concert going on that day at lunch and the sound was pretty impressive for an outdoor venue.
The bean! Technically it's name is "Cloud Gate" but everyone calls it the bean. It is basically a giant mirror, but the amazing thing is there are no seams on it which makes is look like it is one giant piece of sculpted mirror. Very cool.
Everyone loves the bean. While I was taking pictures of the bean, my camera died. So since there were more cool things to see I decided to "borrow" some pictures form the internet.
Right as I walked into the park there was a fountain. On either side of the fountain are these two piers that show faces. The faces change throughout the day, and at certain times the faces spit water which becomes part of the fountain. There were so many kids and adults playing in the fountain when I was there. It looked so fun! Maybe next summer we will make it up there with the girls for a weekend trip and they can play in Millenium Park.
0 comments:
Post a Comment