7:23 PM

Brown County Weekend!

This past weekend Mommy and Daddy took us to Brown County for a couple of days. Thanks to Daddy's Aunt Kathy we were able to get a weekend reservation at the Abe Martin Lodge in the heart of the park. Daddy used to stay here when he was a kid! We headed out on Sunday and made the hour long drive to the cabin. Elizabeth and I fell asleep and woke up in the lodge parking lot so we didn't mind the drive too much. Mommy forgot to take a picture of the cabin so we found this on on the Internet!



The cabin was really nice. It was tucked back into the woods and had a big front and back porch. The inside even had a wooden stove- but Mommy and Daddy would only make a fire after we had gone to bed, because we liked to touch it a lot. The cabin had so much room that we got to bring our friend Noah and his mommy and daddy along.

While we were in Brown County I got to ride a pony! Once I heard ponies were in the park I kept asking Mommy and Daddy if I could ride one, and finally Daddy took me. It was so much fun!



I also got to play in the indoor water park at the lodge. They had a regular pool, a kiddie pool with spray jets, a small lazy river and a water slide! I got brave and went down the water slide with Mommy. The first time I got really scared when I hit the water, but I went another 5 or 6 times before we left. It was so much fun! Noah and I had the whole pool ourselves. Elizabeth missed all of this because she was taking a nap. Good thing I don't take naps!

Daddy and Elizabeth did go on a hike while I was playing though. Kate and Seth (Noah's Mommy and Daddy) brought this really neat backpack for kids. Daddy loaded Elizabeth in it and went hiking. Elizabeth looked a little worried, but must have liked it because by the time they got back to the cabin she was asleep.

We had a really great time and hopefully we will make it a yearly tradition. There are more pictures to come, because Elizabeth and I got our pictures taken a lot- but there were too many to post at once.

1 comments:

BROOKE said...

Your girls are so cute and perfect that I honestly think they should be on the cover of every children's magazine out there!!!!! :) Love the updates!