Elizabeth has a thing with balloons. Since it is such a different attitude then her sister I thought I would capture her balloon story last night and share it. I have been out of town and so last night I didn't really want to cook and there wasn't really much in the refrigerator so we went out. We went to one of our favorite places and while we were there Morgan walked into a table and bumped her head. She was fine- don't worry, but being the wonderfully dramatic child both she and her sister milked the situation for all it was worth. They left the restaurant with Skittles and balloons. They were lucky enough to get the balloons early on in the meal so they played with them the whole time we were there.
When it was time to leave we tied them to their wrists and headed home. Ever since I can remember, Morgan has always wanted to keep her balloon as long as possible. Elizabeth on the other hand must think that balloons are living a captured life when they are tied to your wrist, because she always (and I mean always) lets them go once we get home. So last night was no different.
We made it home and walked out to the front sidewalk so Elizabeth could let her balloon go. She always gets pretty excited about it too.
She very gracefully lets it go and then we have to watch the balloon until we can't see it anymore. I'm not sure what we would do if the balloon got hung up in a tree or something- but luckily this has never happened (at least while we were watching it).
So we waited and watched...
And watched....
And waited some more until it got so far away it was only a little pink speck.
0 comments:
Post a Comment