6:55 PM

It's summer time!

Summer is finally here which means the Clark family has been spending a lot of time outside. The girls are still using their swing set all the time but since it's warmer we can now add the sprinkler and pool to the list of outdoor activities. I thin Memorial Day weekend was the first time the girls made us haul out the pool (and it wasn't even that warm yet!) but since they asked Greg blew it up and we filled it with luke warm water. The girls loved it. The both put on their bathing suits, lathered up with sun screen and hit the water.


But first the posed for this wonderful bathing suit picture for me. I'm not really sure why they felt the need to put their hands behind their heads and flaunt their little bellies, but it is cute! The pool I bought last year was a last ditch effort to find something to fill the gap at the end of summer. Our original pool got a leak and I found this small dinosaur pool on clearance in August. I figured we would have to replace it with something else, but the girls love it.


They love the water that comes out of the tail, and will wait until the pool fills up to turn it off. While it is filling up the pool they use the tail to spray each other.


Even the dogs are having a great time outside. Pretty much every time the girls have their pool out I hear yelling of "Mom Belle is in the pool!" and I turn around and Belle is camping out in the pool getting sprayed by the tail. I guess even dogs like to go swimming.


The best part about being outside all day is the fact that the girls come inside and are dead tired by the end of the day. One afternoon I even found Elizabeth passed out on the couch in her diaper. I covered up and left her alone for a couple of hours.

This is just a small tasting of what we have been doing this summer. We spend quite a bit of time at the spraypark, spraying each other with the hose, going to birthday parties and we even went on vacation. The summer is only half over so I'm sure we will think of even more fun things to do!

0 comments: