So for awhile I was wondering if Miss Elizabeth would ever talk. Don't get me wrong, there was lots of jabbering on but no real words. It wasn't until our stay-cation in June that she really started to put sentences together- and she hasn't stopped since!She started with small sentences:
"I want Mommy."
"I want mo (which really means milk)."
"Where's Mommy?"
And since then she has mastered many more. Here is just a sampling of Elizabeth's conversation skills.
"Mommy....Get me out!" She says this in the morning. So nearly everyday this is what I wake up to.
"Mommy...I want yo-yos." Which means I want those crackers that are on the table.
"Where's Kathy?" Kathy is our neighbor who is incredibly friendly to both Morgan and Elizabeth.
"No Belle- out pool!" This weekend she came up with this while Belle was swimming in her pool.
"I want waffle." Again I hear this nearly everyday. Elizabeth loves waffles!
"I want Sissy." We haven't mastered Morgan's name yet, but she definitely knows who her sister is. And she loves her.
"I wanna Wiiiii!" No she doesn't love playing the Wii, she loves the slide. And instead of calling it a slide- she calls it a wiii. Probably because that is the large shrieking sound she makes while going down the slide.
There are so many more but they have become a part of my normal day that I can't think of them. But next time you see Elizabeth be prepared- she might just talk your ear off.
0 comments:
Post a Comment